If you are a small business then you know how hard it is to work with a small marketing budget. It’s not something you want to do, but it’s certainly something you have to do. In today’s market you just can’t sit and hope that everything works out and that word of mouth advertising will be enough. You have to be proactive. You have to market yourself, even if it’s on a tight budget.
So what do you look for in an Email Marketing Tool? Well, there are a few essential things that you’ll need.
- First, you need is something that is easy to use. Unless, your small business just happens to be in marketing, then you don’t want to waste a lot of time learning to use a system. You want easy. Not Complicated.
- Secondly, and this is important, you want an email service that actually delivers your emails. A lot of email software doesn’t double ensure that your email won’t find its way to the infamous junk folder.
- Third, you want something that you can send out bulk emails while being able to customize them to your recipients. A good software will allow you to do this.
In an attempt to make your life even easier, we did some digging, and we have a list of some of the best email marketing services out there. These were specifically researched with the “small business” in mind so you can compete like a big dawg!
Constant Contact – One of the largest and fastest growing email marketing services in the world allows you to easily manage your email lists, contacts, email templates, marketing calendar, and more. Every account gives you access to easy tracking and reporting, built-in social media sharing tools, free image library, list segmentation, and e-commerce integration. Constant Contact offers unmatched support with live chat, phone calls, email, community support.
ConvertKit – Easily segment subscribers into those who are interested and those who have already purchased. This helps you increase conversions with automated emails that feel more personal with targeted email marketing. They offer email based support and have extensive knowledge base with great resources.
Drip – Drip is a powerful email marketing platform for e-commerce, bloggers, and digital marketers with tools to implement marketing automation and personalization. They offer seamless integration for WordPress and WooCommerce. They have intelligent marketing automation tools, email segmenting, list groups, and a visual workflow builder. These features allow you to reach targeted customers in your email list to get more sales.
These services will help you automate a process that would take a normal person a very long time. We’re talking like, a full time job type of time. You probably don’t have a lot of extra cash lying around to pay someone just to send emails. That’s why these email services are invaluable. Along with these email services we have some tips, the best tips for how to approach your emails.
- Understand your audience – Do you sell subscriptions, products, services? What kind of business are you and how do you want to represent yourself? A lot of that will depend on your audience.
- Don’t waste their time – Keep your emails short and the information relevant. It may not seem like a big deal to you but most people become annoyed with emails that aren’t useful or drag on.
- Catch Their Attention – There are a lot of boring subject lines for emails. Make yours stand out. It’s the first thing your customer will see.
- Send Regular Emails – Keep yourself in the customers mind. Even if they don’t need anything at the moment, you want to be the first company they think of when they do need it.
- Personalize EVERY email – If an email doesn’t come addressed to the person and it doesn’t say dear (insert name), then it’s probably just junk mail to them. Use one of the email services listed above to make sure they are personalized.
So there you have it. Some quick and easy ways to make email marketing a little easier. It’s a service that will help you not only help you retain customers but it will also help you gain customers as well. No matter what type of business you are in, you need to make email a priority. If you have any questions then you can always ask us here at T22 Media. We’re happy to help. For more information check us out here.