Why is SEO so important to a successful website? Here at T22 Media we put a huge emphasis on customer education so you know exactly what you are getting. First, I would like to address the elephant in the room, which is to explain what exactly SEO stands for and what it is about. SEO is an acronym for Search Engine Optimization and it works exactly like it sounds. SEO is the process of optimizing your web page or pages for search engines. We are all familiar with Google search. It is probably how the majority of us look up a piece of content that we are unfamiliar with now.
So when you think about a Google search process, what does that look like? Do you search for a word and then go through each and every option that comes up? Keep in mind there could be 100’s of pages and some of them may not even have the info you are looking for but just similar words or descriptions. Simply put, No, you don’t search through everything. The search volume is too high. You go for one of the first options you see that has the info you are looking for. It’s not complicated, or rocket science. It’s simple and that what SEO in essence is, simply making your website the obvious choice to click on.
One of your primary goals in today’s market should be your web presence. One of those factors is making sure your website comes up on the first page of a google search result. You want to increase the quality and quantity of website traffic. This is what SEO is all about. The marketing strategy considers how search engines work, the algorithms used, and keywords to make sure your website ranks high in the SERP (Search Engine Results Page).
It is also about having great content and it is one of the best ways to maximize your website. Search Engine Optimization is the process of updating or creating your content (product Descriptions and informational pages) to offer your potential clients the best user experience possible. Having a great customer experience will increase the odds of that customer buying your product or service. SEO takes time to be effective as it is based on the quality and accuracy of the content. Google ranks your site based on certain criteria in order to place your website in a search results page. There are many factors included in this ranking but here are some of the major ones to give you an idea as to what it takes:
- Authoritative and accurate information
- You can’t simply make this stuff up and expect it to appear at the top of the search results list. It must be good, quality content in Page descriptions, Blog posts, and any informative materials that you post to your site. Keyword research, Using a thesaurus, and linking to desirable sources can be good ways to perform this step.
- Website Speed
- This is key. A slow moving or loading site will not rank high because it won’t sit well with users who expect information immediately in today’s digital age. A smooth web search my require a strong Bandwidth and a Server may be necessary to achieve this result. Search Queries are only helpful if the website is a quality one.
- Keyword Optimization
- When people search for something they often have a certain perception about what they are searching for by using certain words or “keywords”. Knowing or being able to predict how people are searching for certain topics and what words they use to look them up will give you an edge for your online marketing strategy. You can incorporate these words into your titles, meta tags, blogs, and info to help improve your ranking factors.
- Internal Link Building
- Having good content can lead to your website or blog being shared on social media or on the web by a link. These are referred to as backlinks. The more connections you get to your website the better ranking you’ll get as this shows your content is beneficial and factually accurate to users by continually building links.
It is important to note that SEO refers to an improvement in your traffic based on unpaid or organic search results. Services like SEM (Search Engine Marketing), where you pay for ads to promote your website, are restricted.
SEO can be used for much more that just written content as well. There are many different organic searches that potential customers and web browsers will search. The searches can be image searches, video searches, news searches, and academic searches. Each one of the searches will be looking for different core information with the same kind of ranking statistics attached. Keywords, inbound or Backlinks, etc.
In Today’s business environment it is crucial to have a website that delivers traffic. Search Engine Optimization can offer this solution. Customers will often search and compare results from the first page of a search engine inquiry and won’t move on to the 2nd or third pages. In order to thrive as a business you want to make sure you are included in those first page results (SERP). Now is the time to start building toward a more profitable and informative website. T22 Media can help you with one of our SEO optimization packages. Contact us to get a FREE quote on what we can do for your business.